There are 98 games scheduled for Friday night. To check the scores of the 14 games from earlier this week or see the schedule of tonight's games, click here. Scores of tonight's games will be updated periodically throughout the night.
Here are some storylines to keep an eye on during Friday's games.
- Charleston extended its winning streak to 16 games Thursday and 4-3A conference foe Booneville will have the opportunity to match that against Ozark. The … Continue Reading ››
But Storey, who signed a financial agreement with Arkansas recently and will enroll in January, did not let the early … Continue Reading ››
One of two buses carrying the North Little Rock football team was involved in a multi-vehicle accident on Interstate 40 Thursday.
The Charging Wildcats were on their way to War Memorial Stadium in Little Rock to play Little Rock Catholic in their first game of the 2014 season when the accident occurred.
None of the players were injured, but offensive coordinator Blake Pizan suffered head lacerations and was treated at UAMS.
Thanks to several turnovers and fourth-down stops, the Airedales cruised to a 28-0 win in the final Hooten's Kickoff Classic game of the week.
Alma (1-0) jumped out to a 15-0 lead with 5:58 left in the first quarter, with a touchdown pass from Evan Burris to Heath Friddle, a two-point conversion and a one-yard run by Curtis Lloyd. Lloyd's touchdown came after he intercepted a Poteau pass at the Pirates' 33-yard line.
Poteau (0-1) had … Continue Reading ››
Here are 16 predictions I think will come true over the course of the upcoming season.
1. The Fayetteville at Bentonville regular-season finale will determine the conference champion.
2. Fort Smith Northside will finish third in the conference, make the playoffs for the first time since 2011 and post a winning record for the first time since 2008. … Continue Reading ››
Charleston senior quarterback Ty Storey passed for 5 touchdowns and ran for another as the Tigers rolled over Shiloh Christian 42-14 in the season opener for both teams at Fort Smith.
For complete game results click here.
Here are 13 predictions I think will come true over the course of the upcoming season.
1. Junior quarterback Fuller Chandler will throw for more than 1,750 yards in his second year as a starter, a significant increase from the 1,110 he passed for as a sophomore.
2. Receivers Chris Owens, Salvador Sandoval and Zach Burton will combine for … Continue Reading ››
Why 2001, you might ask? In my mind, it's the beginning of the 21st century. You may beg to differ, but let's save that argument for another time.
Anyway, here are some things I gathered after my project was completed.
• A number of high schools have already reached and surpassed 100 wins during this time, but four more will have the opportunity to … Continue Reading ››
The 5-foot-11, 253-pounder only weighed 215 pounds in Springdale's regular season finale last year, but has added strength. He graded out better than any other Bulldog offensive lineman in the scrimmages against Shiloh Christian and Booneville.
Check out Thursday's papers for a feature on Thompson.
Is there one lineman in college or NFL you like to watch and model your … Continue Reading ››